Liu Dencker posted an update 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Renting a DVD to watch a movie may soon become a thing of the past as more and more movie buffs discover the many benefits of streaming movies online. One of the major DVD-rental businesses lost more than 800,000 subscribers in a three-month period, Fox News reports, and other subscribers are predicted to follow suit. Technology analyst Rob Enderle told reporters, "The future is clearly streaming now – it’s only a matter of time before all disk-based media becomes obsolete."
This is not strange when you look at these five ways streaming movies will change your life:
1. Save time. Trekking to the video store or rental box, finding parking and then searching the aisles for your favorite titles may not take a phenomenal amount of effort, but it takes more than plopping down on your couch and pressing a button to see the same movies online.
2. Save money. The cost of renting a DVD movie can be ridiculously high. True, it’s not the double digits you now pay to see a movie in the theater, but it can also come with late fees that can add up quickly. Movie streaming subscriptions can offer unlimited viewing for a single fee or a cost per movie that is typically less expensive than renting a DVD.
3. Avoid frustration. Watching movies online means the available titles are always available. You are no longer faced with an empty DVD case waiting for another user to return the flick, nor are you stuck with damaged or poor-quality DVDs. Streaming technology offers a crisp, clear picture with enhanced digital sound to match.
4. Receive instant gratification. Technology has improved greatly over the years, with quicker downloads and easier use than ever before. Besides, the online movies have yet to include the litany of trailers or even ads now crammed at the beginning of many DVDs. That alone is worth checking it out.
5. Get a jumpstart on the future. You will already have a head start on the new wave of watching movies rather than be irate or confused when DVDs become yet more expensive and tougher to find.
So how do you do it? Most new TVs and DVD players already have an internet connection built-in. If not,
film streaming can buy a DVD player with the capability or a relatively inexpensive device designed specifically to stream online content to your TV. Just because technology is advanced, it does not mean it is difficult or expensive to obtain or hard to use. Streaming movies can be quick, easy and full of benefits – and the money you save can go for popcorn.